“Ability has nothing to do with Opportunity” – Napolean Bonaparte
I read an article of late, which clearly outlines the five reasons for finding yourself a mentor quite early in your life to help sail through. Here are the pointers:
- Most importantly, they’ve been there and done that. You can learn from your mentor’s mistakes and avoid making them yourself.
- You can talk to somebody who is an unbiased third party. They see you for you. Your mentor may notice potential in you that you might not see in yourself. Better yet, they are not your boss so you don’t have to worry about things coming up in your review. And, they are not your parents so you can actually listen to them!
- They have a whole different network of contacts and connections that you don’t. These connections are priceless and can help enhance your career in ways you couldn’t yourself.
- It’s the best free service you could ever get. AND you’ll probably gain a life-long friend.
- Your mentor may introduce you to a career path or business opportunity that you did not know existed before.
Now I’m sure you’re asking how the heck you can find yourself a mentor. Womentorship helps you find one 🙂